Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's a Miracle

There are a few assertive consumer stories floating around on the Artful Quilters Web Ring at the moment. For example: read all about Diane's new car purchase or Kim's sad tale of the lost camera. My own example relates to my 3 x 3 foot Blockbutler design wall which, after I took it to a workshop in March, steadfastly refused to re-adhere to a wall where it had been happily living for 12 months or so. This was the source of some considerable frustration and disappointment especially in the light of the company's claims that "lightwieght, re-positionable, reusable, portable and hand washable, each Blockbutler will give you years of use."

To their credit, the company provided me with a replacement design wall (and did not insist that I send back the older one) which behaved itself for precisely 23 hours and thirty three minutes before embarking upon a pattern of more sporadic adhesion. Grrr. However, it seems to have turned the corner. My replacement design wall has managed to stay up for a whole 48 hours, albeit peeling at the corners. I'm off to the city today for a guild committee meeting and hope it is still hanging on my return...

3 Comments:

Blogger Karoda said...

i was very very disappointed with my blockbutler...i never fool with it anymore and just thought i'd use it for padding on a print table when i get one.

October 07, 2006 5:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that if you give it a light spritz with water it helps. It doesn't like dry conditions

November 09, 2008 3:25 pm  
Blogger Brenda said...

Believe me, I tried spritzing many times. It was of only temporary assistance.

November 09, 2008 3:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home